How to Access Services

Do you need help accessing resources for your family like emergency food, health insurance, child and family counseling, tutoring services, or help finding affordable housing? You have come to the right place!

Step 1: Talk to Your Child's Teacher

The best way to access services through Healthy Start is to speak with your child's teacher. The teacher can then fill out a Referral Form which will be sent to our office.

At that point we will contact you to discuss your family's needs and the best ways of meeting them. All information is confidential.

Counseling services are available to families who are MediCal eligible through our partnership with Terkensha Associates.


AmeriCorps Tutoring & Mentoring

Tutoring and mentoring is available for Foster Youth, homeless and/or unaccompanied minor students (grades 7-12). These services are available due to our collaboration with AmeriCorps and the Child Abuse Prevention Center.

Homeless Youth in grades K - 5 can receive tutoring through grant funds provided through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.

School Supplies

School supplies, backpacks, and school clothing are available to families who are homeless, or who qualify for free or reduced lunch and have been referred by a CJUSD staff member.


What if your family has a need that has not been mentioned? Please give us a call at (916) 338-6387. If we cannot help you personally, we will connect you with a local agency that can!


Our Partners